Feathered Follies would like to remind you to be careful with all your pets during the upcoming holiday season. We want this holiday season to be safe for you and your pets.
- Many plants are toxic to animals. Some that are toxic are mistletoe, holly, and poinsettias.
- Please make sure to have your birds groomed before the holidays to make sure they don't escape unnoticed through a door that has been left open as guests come and go.
- Holiday decorations can hurt pets. Tinsel, ribbons, yarn, and glass ornaments should be kept away from all animals. DO NOT tie ribbons around your pets neck. Make sure your pets can not get to the electrical cords.
- Remember that chocolate is toxic to birds. Also, do not give your pets poultry bones.
- Please do not give pets as holiday gifts. We would like to suggest a gift certificate. This will allow the prospective owner to pick a companion bird that will be loved by all. Adopting a bird is a lifelong commitment.
Happy Holiday from all of us to all of you!